Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Smile of a Stem Cell

I feel a little proud of myself today, so I'm trying to boast a little of this petite triumph on the internet to, you know, make it official and leave my legacy a little bit.


In actual fact, I haven't done anything at all but answer a few questions and click a consent button. But in a different sort of reality, what I have done is offer up some little ol' stem cells of mine. Isn't that sweet? The chances are that no one might ever even want them (ya right, my stem cells are NICE!), but at least I'm giving it a try, no?



I think I'll feel like a hero if someone ever actually uses my stem cells and I SAVE THEIR LIFE, just like Batman would. Although they could also maybe turn out to be the next Hitler, and that's a lot of pressure on me. I don't want to feel responsible for any sort of genocide. Again.

(All photos from EuroStemCell)

It also reminds me that I need to send in my organ donor registration. It's like a Diana body part giveaway today! I have a feeling that my hands and feet might go unwanted. Rightly so. I wouldn't take them either. Tradesies?

Take a peek at onematch.ca (or onematch.com in the U.S.) if you're curious about donating too!

1 comment:

  1. :D The great thing about donor stuff is, you can be directly responsible for saving someone's life, but what they do with that life IS up to them--so if it's the next Hitler, you are so NOT responsible for it.

    ReplyDelete

Please do!